Top Questions answered ?!
1. Why choose The Captain Entertainment ?
-By the end of these questions, you should feel more confident and hopefully understand why too choose The Captain Entertainment. Enjoy
2. Who will I be working with and actually at my wedding?!…
– Jessiah is the opperator and DJ, he handles ALL the communication, client planning, paymet processing, set ups, breakdowns and everything inbetween. Working directly with you or your wedding planner/cordinator and other vendors! Accasionally I will have an assistant for bigger lighting jobs, or dance floor set ups.
3. Will Jessiah actually be the DJ there on my wedding day?
-YES, I am DJ at ALL the weddings booked…
4. Is your pricing the same for all weddings?
-No two wedding are the exact same, I provide personalized custom quotes to give you the best price for my premium services. The more services you need, the more money you can save.
5. How many wedding do you do a year?
– I do on average 15 weddings a year, and I never book two weddings on the same day, so I can dedicate my full day to only one bride and groom! Yes this is part time “job”…but fully and whole hearltly commitment to your big day.
6. Does The Captain Entertainment have insurance?!
YES, The Captain Entertaiment has full liability coverage, and is registered business in Dare County. (additional details can be requested). Insurance for all your vendors I highly recommend, and professional vendors will have insurance. Standard wedding event insurance is recommended and different than vendor insurance. more info check out https://www.valuepenguin.com/wedding-insurance
7. Will you work with my other vendors?
– Yes, Being a Outer Banks local, knowing and having good relationships with other vendors and venues is utter most import. The DJ has a big responsbility in helping the evening runs smooth, with continual communication with the “wedding cordinators/planners”, photographers, caterers, all the way down to the venue managers”
8. Do you play the same songs at all weddings?
-NO, I do live mix and choose songs acordning, to the crown, time of the night and the bride the grooms input during our pre-planning. I give you the chance to submit songs, artist and generas you like, also a do NOT play artist, songs, or generas… I play only Clean radio version of songs. Any song that you need I can get, if I do not allready have it. I can also make, mash and mix a custom song if need be.
9. Should I spend time choosing my entertainment and DJ? What will my guest remember about my wedding?
-“Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!*
-“When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment (DJ)” *
*Sources include: Simmons; USA Today, National Bridal Service, The Knot, Brides Magazine
10. Are DJ services expensive?
Statistics show, typically only 3 to 5% of the wedding budget. “Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from $350.00 to $3,500.00 with an US average of $1,200.00 for a 4 to 5 hour reception
11. How much time do you spend for a single wedding?
– It varies depending on the complexity of the event, I will normally invest 15 to 25+ hours on your special event, but it may appear that you are only paying for “4 hours”
12. Should I choose a DJ or a live Band?
-Both have their places at a wedding. A good live band for certain songs sounds beautiful, but my personal opionion is bands are more limited to songs, variety and genreas they can play. 65% of all couples that choose a band, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a DJ- (disc jockey!). If you budget allows you could always have both!
13. What wedding venues or locations have you worked at?
-I have worked at almost all major venues and locations on the Outer Banks. My some of my favorite venues are Jennetts Pier, Hilton Garden Inn(Kitty Hawk Pier), Sanctuary Vineyards, Corolla Event homes and Duck Woods Country Club